Friday, February 9, 2007

Dinner

Salmon on paper plates

This was our dinner last Friday night. Of course now that the oven is broken our dinner this Friday will not be as scrumptious. We will have to be creative with the stovetop meals and microwave dishes. I'm trying to decide if purchasing a toaster oven is worth it. Do you use one for pizzas, tater tots and other kid friendly dishes in your home? Logan wanted a hot dog last night with tater tots but he had to settle for mac and cheese with the hot dogs since we can make that on the stove. I'm guessing that we should be able to buy a new oven in a week or so but I wonder how long it will take to arrive and install. Hopefully not too long because I want more Salmon on paper plates...

Lots of things planned for this weekend so I'm sure I will have many pictures to share on Sunday. Tonight we are going out with my sister and brother in law to see some bands play and then probably get some dinner. Tomorrow night we plan to celebrate Valentine's Day early. We don't exchange gifts but we do like to have a special dinner and spend time alone.

PS. My sister says that salmon looks gross but I ♥ it and my husband is great at cooking it just like I like! I don't eat red meat, seafood, or chicken but I will have salmon, boars head turkey deli meat (only boars head), and tuna. I guess you could say I'm picky.

4 comments:

King of Kentville said...

We made it through our Kitchen reno with a microwave, and a toaster oven :-) We cooked pizza, fries, and anything else that would fit inside the toaster oven.

House on the Corner said...

Cool, I think we will pick one up at Target this weekend. :)

the reluctant remodeler said...

I just got a new range after living with a broken one for months. I've posted a few recipes on Fridays (I'm calling them Fortification Fridays) for folks with limited kitchens. i think all of the recipes require an oven though, or a slow cooker, sorry.

Target has DeLonghi "retro" convection oven/toaster ovens on clearance for 44 bucks (down from 90, i think). You can use the convection oven feature like a real oven -- it's faster than the toaster oven and cooks evenly. The knobs aren't great but the oven works really well, and it's a steal at that price.

Good luck! I think your salmon looks great. You can definitely cook salmon wrapped in foil in the toaster oven.

rr

House on the Corner said...

Great, thanks rr! Ya know we do have a slow cooker so I'll check out your blog for recipes. :)