Tuesday, February 6, 2007

It's gettin' hot in here aka the oven caught fire

I went home for lunch today and while I was watching Oprah on the DVR and eating my sandwich my husband calls me into the kitchen. The oven was on fire. We knew it was going out but damn! Actually I'm shocked that oven lasted as many years as it did. It's a Roper and I believe it was the orginal one put in when the house was built in 1983.

I guess we need to take a trip to Lowe's or Home Depot this weekend and uh..charge it!

2 comments:

Poppy said...

YIKES! Don't you hate when that kind of stuff happens??? I mean why can't old appliances just go quietly why must they go out with a bang or a puff or a blaze??

Have fun shopping for a new one!

House on the Corner said...

Haha, exactly! Our oven was so old I think it was the orginal from when the house was built in 1983.