Tuesday, January 23, 2007

My pink eye in my blue home

I woke up with pink eye today. Well, since I've never had it before I wasn't sure what it was but after showing up to work I was sent home and made an appointment and she confirmed that it was, in fact, pink eye. So I spent 35 bucks today (25 for appt. and 10 for eyedrops) and have been watching the Oprah episodes that I recently starting recording on DVR. I'm not necessarily a fan of Oprah's but I am a fan of the topics she has so I started recording them this week. The one I watched today really got me thinking. The title was The Debt Diet and bascially showed you ways that you could help yourself get out of debt and also help save money for retirement. Of course our bills have really piled up recently with all the charges on the credit cards due to unexpected expensives such as new knobs for the doors, or nicer medicine cabinets but I figure after the bathrooms are completed we will not be charging for quit some time. I tend to be a worry wart anyway and having tons owed on the credit cards doesn't help any. I need to make a plan and need to put away for when I retire. Thankfully the house will be paid off in 13 yrs and I will still be young enough to enjoy it. (45 yrs old)


After the house is paid off I will really be able to save money and know that we will be okay. Anyway, I think I want to buy a book on this topic so maybe I will head over to Oprah's website to see which ones she suggests. I think the title was something like No more excuses or something with the word excuses in it. I know I have tons of excuses for needing a new jacket (it's on sale) or new shoes (but I don't have any brown ones like this). Hope everyone is having a great day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They also had a debt show on 20/20 this past week. It also got me thinking about my bills :( Monica